Mercy Aigbe Reavealed What Actually Transpired Between Her And her Husband

Mercy Aigbe

The allegation of "infidelity" against popular Yoruba actress, Mercy Aigbe and the fallout of the incident that led to the allegation is yet to settle down. Hence, she has been forced to speak up once again about what happened on the day in question and her alleged 'controversial' moves.

In a telephone interview with The Punch on Thursday, Mercy, who sounded quite edgy, said there was no iota of truth in the report, which was published by a popular female blogger.

“In the first place, I did not vanish like the report claimed. I only went to the room that was reserved for me by the management of Oodua TV as their special guest to change into a more comfortable dress. I did not even go there alone. I went with my two personal assistants,” she said.

The actress, who fielded questions from the audience during the event, said she was actually shown to the room to rest before the show started, while her husband stayed behind at the scene of recording to enjoy the party preceding the event.

She added that she had felt tired and uncomfortable after dancing for awhile and had to retire into the reserved room to change into a lighter dress.

When asked if her husband had truly lost his temper and ‘dragged’ her out of the guest room, as claimed in the report, she said, “It was a lie. I left the venue of the show in company with my husband, my friend, Faith, and my personal assistants. At no time did he lose his temper or drag me out of the room.”

Mercy said she had driven to the Troy Lounge, the venue of the event, in her car straight from a party organised by another actress, Iyabo Ojo, to mark the anniversary of her NGO.

After the interview session with Oodua TV, she had decided to leave because she had another occasion to attend somewhere. An associate of her husband, a lady named Fadekemi, was celebrating her birthday.

The actress told our correspondent that she was joined by her husband in her guest room. They both came downstairs and left together in his car after her own vehicle, a Toyota Solaria, developed a technical fault and refused to start.

Wondering why anyone would want to tarnish her image by publishing falsehood about her, she declined ever having a misunderstanding with the author of the report.

“Honestly, I don’t know what I have done wrong to deserve this. My conclusion is that somebody must have sponsored it simply to smear my name with mud. But I don’t know how I have wronged that person,” she claimed.